Following the great interest in the Escrima courses during the Lübeck seminar, Grandmaster Bill Newman will be publishing a monthly Escrima tutorial in future.
Ahead of these tutorials, Grandmaster Newman has listed the most important principles of his Escrima.
1. Always go to target!
2. Always remain behind your weapon!
3. When attacking, move the weapon first, then your body!
4. When you are attacked, move your body first, then your weapon!
5. Your live hand is always ready to attack!
6. Both hands work together!
7. Keep your hands raised (normally no higher than your shoulders)!
Always remember that thugs are looking for a victim, not an opponent! Escrima makes you an opponent!